Error creating thumbnail: File missing
OCS Inventory NG 2.x Documentation
To make it easier to read, the OCS Inventory NG documentation has been divided into 6 sections.
- Setting up a management server
- Setting up the UNIX agent on client computers
- Setting up the Windows Agent 2.0 on client computers
- Setting up the MacOSX agent on client computers
- Setting up the Android Agent
- Setting up a Mobile Windows agent
- Administration of OCS Inventory NG
Management console and its advanced features
- Querying inventory results
- Using computers groups
- Using the Plugins feature
- Using the deployment workflow feature
- Managing users profiles of the web interface
- Managing administrative data
- Synchronization between OCS and LDAP
- Export a computer
Network Discovery with OCS Inventory NG
- OCS Inventory NG Agent Deployement Tool
- OCS Packager
- OCS Packager for MacOSX
- Uninstall Windows Agent
Multi-site network architecture
- Using redistribution servers
- Using local proxy cache to deploy
- Synchronisation between OCS server master/slaves
- News about OCS Inventory NG 2.0
- News about OCS Inventory NG 2.1
- Secure your OCS Inventory NG Server
- Management server tuning
- Backup/restore of OCS Inventory NG database
- Common errors
- Screenshots from GUI vers 2.0
- Screenshots from OCS Agent 2.0 for MAC OS X and iOS
- Ipdiscover works fine but I have no SNMP data up in my OCS Inventory NG server ?
Solution: SNMP is not currently implemented in Windows agent. It will work in future version. You can use the unix agent instead to retrieve SNMP data.
- Can I upgrade my server from version X to the last stable version ?
Solution: Yes of course! All old versions can be upgrade to the latest version without problem.
- After installing the server, I go to the graphical admin console (GUI) and it asks me to install the database ?
Solution: The database is installed on the first access to the graphical admin console (GUI).
- What URL must I put in the agent to contact the server ?
Solution: The URL must be in this form http://dns_or_ip/ocsinventory. It is recommended that you use DNS instead of IP.
- ocsinventory directory does not exist on my server
Solution: ocsinventory is a virtual directory call by mod_perl in apache. ocsinventory directory must not exist.
- Fatal error: main() [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition "language" of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition in /usr/share/ocsinventory-reports/ocsreports/install.php on line 29
Solution: Edit the php.ini file and change the value of session_auto_start from 1 to 0. Save and restart apache.
- Error 500 :
Solution: OCS engine can't comunicate with mysql server. Probably due to a wrong mysql account. You have to check z-ocsinventory-server.conf (ocsinventory-server.conf on Windows Server), exactly theses few lines
# Master Database settings # Replace localhost by hostname or ip of MySQL server for WRITE PerlSetEnv OCS_DB_HOST localhost # Replace 3306 by port where running MySQL server, generally 3306 PerlSetEnv OCS_DB_PORT 3306 # Name of database PerlSetEnv OCS_DB_NAME ocsweb PerlSetEnv OCS_DB_LOCAL ocsweb # User allowed to connect to database PerlSetEnv OCS_DB_USER ocs # Password for user PerlSetVar OCS_DB_PWD ocs
Modify OCS_DB_USER and OCS_DB_PWD with your own account, restart apache, and finaly launch an inventory.
- Error 417 :
Solution : insert ignore_expect_100 on into your squid.conf file and then run squid -k reconfigure.